The tips below will help you perfect your elevator speech. Write down one sentence for each of these points:
- Smile to your counterpart and open with a statement that grabs attention, a hook that prompts your listener to ask questions.
- Tell who you are; describe you or your company or what school you attend.
- Tell what you do or share your major, and show enthusiasm.
- Share the problems you have solved or contributions you have made.
- Offer a vivid example.
- Share why you are interested in your listener.
- Tell what special service, product or solutions you can offer him or her.
- Define the advantages of working with you.
- Givea concrete example or tell a short story. Show your uniqueness and provide illustrations on how you work.
- Define next steps: request a meeting, offer to reach out via email, etc.
Notice the action words that begin each tip above. Remember these as you create your speech. Practice with a friend or mentor, so you’ll be ready. You’ve got this!
Print a copy of these tips: Elevator Speech SYG