1) Regarding implementation and hiring of the Family Support Specialists, is the projected plan for SYTE-G to bring on all 12 vendor employees and onboard them collectively?
a. If so, are all 12 expected to be in place before the end of the school year?
b. If not, is there a phased plan that SYTE-G has historically followed when rolling out this program? i.e. beginning with the elementary schools, one at each level, etc.
2) The contract is an annual contract, will the Family Support Specialists have a modified work schedule during summer months?
The Family Support Specialist position is a 12-month full-time position. During the summer months they will continue with a normal full-time work schedule.
3) Can you disclose locations where the model for the parameters of this RFP have been implemented successfully?
Yes, Say Yes Buffalo in Buffalo, New York.
4) Regarding benefits and PTO can SYTE-G provide package information that can be used as a benchmark for vendors to including in the pricing portion of this RFP?
No. It will be negotiable during the contract preparation after the selection process is completed.
a. Under the ACA companies with less than 50 full-time employees are exempt from the Employer Fair Share requirement to pay a portion of employee medical insurance; what is SYTE-G’s position on selected vendors requirements to provide insurance?
This is negotiable.
b. Based on the previous question; will selected vendor be allowed to pass through all the employee benefits costs to SYTE-G?
5) Since the Pre-Proposal Conference was mandatory, are there any concessions being made for bidders who were unable to attend?
Yes. Organizations interested in submitting a proposal in response to this RFP may view the slide deck presented at the pre-proposal conference by visiting the www.sayyesguilford.org/rfp001 web page, and may submit a proposal if so desired by following the guidelines set forth in the RFP.
6) If there are not enough bidders for this RFP will SYTE-G retract the RFP and reissue at a later date?
7) “(ii) Fringe Benefits. The value of all fringe benefits that are provided to Vendor Employees shall not exceed [ ]% of the aggregate salary for all Vendor Employees from [DATE] to [DATE] (“Fringe Benefit Percentage”). The Parties shall agree upon an updated Fringe Benefit Percentage before [DATE] based on Vendor’s insurance coverage to be effective from [DATE], and the Parties shall thereafter agree upon and update the Fringe Benefit Percentage annually based on Vendor’s insurance coverage to be effective as of January 1 of the then current Term.” Can you provide an explanation of what are considered “Fringe Benefits” for the purposes of this RFP and how is the percentage calculated?
Fringe Benefits are considered in three components:
2) Medical or Health Insurance
The Fringe Benefits percentage is not to exceed 25%
8) “(i) No more than 15 days after the end of each month, Vendor shall deliver to SYTE an expenditure report (a “Monthly Expenditure Report”). Each Monthly Expenditure Report shall contain: (A) A detailed report of all Costs and Expenses of the preceding month (including salary and fringe benefit register reports). (B) Reasonably detailed documentation supporting the Costs and Expenses for the preceding month. (ii) No more than 15 days after the end of each quarter, Vendor shall deliver to SYTE an invoice for the actual Costs and Expenses paid by Vendor for the preceding quarter. (iii) SYTE shall make the first payment of SYTE Grant Funds to Vendor in an amount equal to the total estimated Costs and Expenses for the quarter ending [DATE], within 30 days of receiving Vendor’s invoice for that quarter. “Any and all payments to the Vendor shall be dependent upon subject to the availability of funds to SYTE for the purpose set forth in this Agreement” Will SYTE-G consider alternative payment structures provided by the selected vendor and will the suggested changes need to be modified in the Sample Contract prior to the bid submission?
This is negotiable.
a. Additionally, can SYTE-G explain or provide an example of a situation where funds might not be available to pay the selected vendor for this service?
There are no previous examples of this occurring. Therefore the language in this section is negotiable during the contract preparation process.
9) “Vendor shall review the attached contract and make modifications to the contract using the “Track Changes” feature in Word. Vendor shall make only those few critical changes that it seeks to negotiate. Significant changes may disqualify Vendor from the selection process.” When should these changes, if any, should be submitted?
Any suggested changes to the sample contract within the RFP should be submitted with the proposal, by the due date as part of the package.
10) Will there be an addenda that requires vendor signature to be included in the RFP submission?
No, at this time there is no addenda. Please check the RFP website for any future changes.
11) Where will the responses be published?
All questions and responses will be posted on the Say Yes Guilford website, and may be viewed by visiting www.sayyesguilford.org/rfp001
12) RFP Section 5.1 (c); page 9
“Conducting screening including skills testing….” – Are there specific skills that need to be tested for or specific tests that you want administered?
No skills testing needed unless your agency requires one. The skills testing references a potential candidate’s past experiences as it relates to the Family Support Specialist job duties.
13) RFP Section 5.2 b); page 9
May we include our employee manual as an attachment or it is required to be part of the 15 page proposal?
Yes. You may include your employee manual as an attachment.
14) RFP Section 5.2 g) 8; page 10
Will the school system be providing translation services as needed or is that a vendor incurred expense that can be reimbursed under the contract?
The vendor will incur the expense of translation services that can be negotiated in the contract.
15) RFP Attachment D; Section 1; page 15
Where does the final authority over the vendor employee lie?
The final authority of vendor employee lies with SYTE – G for all programmatic aspects, and will lie with the hiring agent on all human resource items.
16) RFP Attachment D; Section 1; page 15
Can you provide a sample of outcomes that have been used in other SYTE communities?
Attachment D is a sample contract. Components are negotiable during contract preparation after the the vendor has been selected.
17) RFP Attachment D; Section 2 (b) (iii); page 17
Are there specific expectations for the information session hosted by the vendor?
Yes. Expectations for the information sessions hosted by the vendor will be negotiable during the contract preparation after the selection process is completed. Examples may include, co-presenting with STYE- G leadership, organizational orientations, HR policies, rules and regulations, safety training and roles and responsibilities.
18) RFP Attachment D; Section 4 (a) (v) (A); page 18
Does SYTE provide the customized case management system and/or is there a cost associated for the vendor for the utilization of that system?
No. The vendor would provide the case management system.
19) RFP Attachment D; Section 4 (a) (vi); page 19
Is there a maximum Cost of Administration suggested or allowed?
No. The vendors who submit the lower percentages for the cost of administration will have a competitive advantage.
20) RFP Attachment D; Section 4 (b) (i) (A); page 19
Can you provide any examples of trainings that have been required in other SYTE communities?
Attachment D is a sample contract. Components are negotiable during contract preparation after the vendor has been selected.
Examples of trainings that have been required in other SYTE communities will be negotiable during the contract preparation after the selection process is completed. Examples can include case management note taking, home visit safety training state mandated reporting training and governmental regulation
21) RFP Attachment D; Section 5 (b); page 20
Is the individual that is to be hired as a “Program Director” considered to be one of the employees covered in Attachment D; Section 4 (a) on page 18?
Attachment D is a sample contract. Components are negotiable during contract preparation after the vendor has been selected. Vendor may include this position as a component of Salary, Benefits, Supplies, Travel, Equipment and Administration.
22) Page 34 of 35 Appendix D (Pricing and Service Availability). Please clarify if the salary range indicated is the salary each Family Support Specialist is guaranteed to be paid or is this the salary SYTE will reimburse the Vendor for each FSS employee.
This is the salary guaranteed to be paid for each Family Support Specialist.
23) If proposal accepted and implemented will the Vendor be required to re-qualify every academic year or will agreement be valid for periods greater than 12 months.
Requalification is yearly, not based on the academic school year. The terms will be negotiable during contract preparation after the selection process is completed. As this is the inaugural year for the SYTE – G School Based Support Program, this contract may be provided annually. Opportunities for renewal, including multi-year contracts is negotiable at the time of contracting with the selected vendor.
24) Regarding question 3) Can you disclose locations where the model for the parameters of this RFP have been implemented successfully? And your response: Yes, Say Yes Buffalo in Buffalo, New York.
Please provide a more detailed account by answering the following questions:
Was the RFP for the Buffalo location for the exact same requirements; twelve Family Support Specialists? No
- If not, can you provide the scope of that RFP? No, the community in Buffalo, New York and the community in Guilford County, North Carolina are very different.
- If so, how long has the contract been in place? N/A
- What is the projected annual spend for the Buffalo project for the Family Support Specialists? The projected annual spend for Guilford is unknown and cannot be compared to Buffalo. Due to the variation in the Guilford and Buffalo communities the annual spend would be different.
*** NO FURTHER QUESTIONS HAVE BEEN PROVIDED ***