Say Yes Guilford Executive Director
Say Yes to Education has an immediate opening for an Executive Director to oversee all operations of its Guilford County chapter. This leader will provide overall direction and coordination to the Say Yes county-wide initiative that encompasses the cities of Greensboro and High Point, along with 14 other municipalities and will serve as the local Operating Officer for the Say Yes program.
The ideal candidate will be able to manage the administrative, fiscal, communications, programs and service components of the chapter. This person will possess the authority to exercise judgment, critical and strategic thinking to resolve problems that are central to the operation. The candidate will work within a governance structure that includes strategic partnerships with the cities of Greensboro and High Point, Guilford County and Guilford County Schools, in addition to strategic partners in the the philanthropic and business communities. The Executive Director will foster a spirit of collaboration and communication between and among agencies and oversee the implementation of programs and services designed to achieve chapter goals.
Among other duties, the Executive Director will provide management and supervision of a team of program directors and administrative support staff. The Executive Director will provide oversight and facilitation of the established Say Yes task forces and working groups. In addition, the Executive Director will develop, refine, and manage systems of quality assurance and ensure long-term chapter sustainability and will manage the Say Yes Guilford fiscal operating budget.
The Guilford Executive Director will also serve as part of the Say Yes to Education Senior Management Team.
• Knowledge of the Guilford County community preferred
• Master’s degree or equivalent training and experience in a discipline related to functional responsibilities of the position
• 8-10 years of experience in education, public or nonprofit administration or philanthropic leadership or other related field
• Successful fundraising experience
• Minimum five years of supervisory and management experience with leadership of an organization preferred
• Extensive leadership experience with an emphasis on cross sector facilitation and collaboration
• Operational management experience, including demonstrated budget responsibilities
• Strong interpersonal skills, with proven ability to work effectively with staff, partners and other individuals and groups
• Ability to resolve problems efficiently, strategically and independently
Candidates must reside in Guilford County.
To apply for this position:
Send cover letter, resume/CV and references to email@example.com.